Therapeutic Notes are available in Index
Complete Boerick Materia Medica of Homeoapthic Remedy
Case studies will be available shortly. Please ensure you log on to the system to check on regular updates.
Engystol® is an effective medicine that has been shown to have a dual mode of action that boosts your immune system and together with its antiviral activity fights off flu-like infections and colds:
Studies have shown that Engystol® does the following in your body:
- Increases the number and activity of scavenger cells, called phagocytes that remove the virus from your respiratory tract.
- Reduces the inflammation caused by the infection.
- Stimulates your immune system to produce antiviral compounds, known as interferons that weaken the virus. Interferons also play a significant role in regulating immune responses.
- Provides antiviral activity against viruses such as the Rhinovirus type 14, the Adenovirus type 5, and the Respiratory Syncytial Virus or RSV.
Natural at its core
Engystol stimulates the body’s initial defense mechanisms and in this way helps to overcome the cold at an early stage. This is ensured among other things by the natural ingredients Swallowwort and Sulfur. Swallowwort, also called Vincetoxicum hirundinaria, has an anti-inflammatory and supporting effect on the immune system. Sulfur acts against the inflammation of the mucous membranes, mainly found in the throat at the beginning of a cold.
When should I take Engystol®?
When you are experiencing an onset of cold or flu-like symptoms, you may take Engystol® more often to combat the virus:
- Adults and children over 12: In case of acute complaints, dissolve 1 tablet in your mouth every 30 to 60 minutes, no more than 6 times a day.
- Children 6-11: In case of acute complaints, take 2/3 of a tablet every 30 to 60 minutes, no more than 6 times a day. Dissolve 1 tablet in approx. 150 ml of water. Give your child 2/3 of the amount and discard the rest.
- Children 1-5: In case of acute complaints, take 1/2 of a tablet every 30 to 60 minutes, no more than 6 times a day. Dissolve 1 tablet in approx. 150 ml of water. Give your child 1/2 of the amount and discard the rest.
To continue stimulating your immune system after initial symptoms of cold and flu-like infections have been reduced, the following dosage is recommended:
- Adults and children over 12: Dissolve 1 tablet 3X daily in your mouth.
- Children 6-11: In case of chronic forms, take 2/3 of a tablet 1 to 3 times a day. Dissolve 1 tablet in approx. 150 ml of water. Give your child 2/3 of the amount and discard the rest.
- Children 1-5: In case of chronic forms, take 1/2 of a tablet 1 to 3 times a day. Dissolve 1 tablet in approx. 150 ml of water. Give your child 1/2 of the amount and discard the rest.
Is Engystol® safe?
Yes. Engystol® is a natural medicine without the side-effect profile of many synthetic cold medications. This makes Engystol® even suitable for children* and elderly as well as at-risk groups such as asthmatic patients.
Will Engystol® help me get over flu-like infections and colds more quickly?
Yes. In fact, over 88% of people suffering from a flu or cold found that Engystol® improved their symptoms within the first week of treatment.
How does Engystol increases body defences?
How is Engystol® different from other medications?
Most synthetic cold medications focus on treating symptoms as rapidly as possible, by suppressing key immune system components. However, these medications can prolong the recovery process. Engystol® tackles flu-like infections and colds at the root.
Can I take Engystol® with other medications?
Yes. Engystol® can be taken with other medication.
In one study with people with colds and flu-like infections, 77,1% of them using Engystol in combination with other medications (inhalations, analgesics, vitamins and decongestants) reported significant relief in their symptoms within 3 days, compared to 61.7% of people only using synthetic cold medications.
Minor health problems may be caused by poor or unbalanced diet. It is well known that industrial food processing does not often guarantee an adequate intake of nutrients essential to maintain our health and wellbeing.
Guna Laboratories have developed “physiological nutraceuticals”, a unique line of innovative and specific nutritional supplements that allow to maintain the normal physiological functions by providing a well-balanced intake of carefully selected nutrients.
Find out which are of your specific interest.
digestive and draining functions.
liver function support
balanced solution against iron deficiency.
specific amino acid composition for the human body in dietology and clinical
nutritional support for athletes
normal blood cholesterol levels.
respiratory system support
physical and mental well-being in menopause
your natural boost of energy
vitamin C supports absorbtion of minerals
reduce tiredness and fatigue support healthy muscles keep healthy skin
acid-base metabolism balance body detoxifying functions mental well-being.
the synergy of 6 active ingredients for a better mental
protects and detoxifies the gastrointestinal system
physical and mental fatigue immune system support
innovative and unique association of 6 exclusive probiotic strains with
synergistic innovative prebiotic and nutraceutical food supplement for the wellnes
The natural approach to regulating inflammation and supporting recovery
Non-steroidalanti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) are among the most commonly used pain relievers worldwide. NSAIDs are unspecific COX enzyme inhibitors that reduce the formation of prostaglandins, which are triggers of inflammation. NSAIDs include medicines like diclofenac, ibuprofen, ketoprofen and naproxen. In contrast to NSAIDs, the natural multi-component medicine Traumeel® provides both pain relief and support of tissue repair and results in an accelerated healing process. See the difference between NSAIDs and Traumeel®.
How Traumeel can help?
- Inflammation is a complex, multifactorial process, which is essential to tissue repair, e.g. after muscle or joint injury. However, excessive inflammation can cause pain and be detrimental to recovery.
- Cytokines serving as messenger signals within the immune system of the body can either increase (pro-inflammatory cytokines) or reduce (anti-inflammatory cytokines) inflammation.
- Imbalance of pro-inflammatory and anti-inflammatory cytokines can lead to excessive and prolonged inflammation and pain.
- Traumeel® restores the balance of pro- and anti-inflammatory cytokine activity.
Traumeel® has proven ability to relieve pain and inflammation
According to controlled clinical trials, Traumeel® can reduce pain and inflammation of different causes and at different sites in the body, for instance:
Treatment of symptoms such as pain and inflammation caused by injuries of various types (sporting, accidents) such as sprains, strains, bruising, haematomas, bone fractures, etc., degenerative processes that progress with inflammation and suppuration of different organs and tissues (for example parodontitis, gingivitis, parodontosis) and of the musculoskeletal apparatus and ligaments (tendovaginitis, bursitis, tennis elbow), osteoarthritis of the hip, knee and small joints
Acute ankle sprain
A recent large-scale study has shown that Traumeel® cream & gel was as effective as diclofenac in pain reduction and functional improvement in the treatment of acute ankle sprains. Compared with a placebo, Traumeel® cream was an effective treatment for activity-related ankle sprains, significantly improving mobility and reducing pain.
Acute musculoskeletal injury
Compared with a placebo, Traumeel® cream was significantly more effective in restoring muscle function and reducing pain from musculoskeletal injuries.
Compared with diclofenac (an NSAID), Traumeel® cream reduced pain and achieved a significantly faster return to normal activities.